Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 16 FINAL DAY. Ilan - Taipei.

Clean a bit each day ~ 每天洗一下

Avery nice morning and start to the day ~ 很好的早上開始


Keep pushing up the mountain ~ 慢慢騎, 加油


Snack time ~ 小吃的時候


Taipei here we come ~ 台北我們快來



A great rest, apart from a dreaded mosquito, [I love animals but..] this guy I wish would just drink my blood and die. Sad to leave my friends here. 9 15 at the station, ready to go. Bike good, I also feel good. So me and Laoban start to climb.. Up and Up.. So many motorbikes tearing through these beautiful mountains. We keep pushing up and up.. fearing we'd arrive at GOH office too late. View is amazing!!! I want to stop every 3 minutes, but we'd never arrive. View of mountain side, the sea, housing, and a small island far away. getting further and further away. Climbing 7.5km an hour. We stop at the top of the first climb for a try of this strange ice cream roll, with shaved nut and parcley. MMM so good. A sandwich and some fruit - and the first snack is over! Downhill from here!! So great, fresh breeze.. sometimes moving faster than the motor bikes, scary to look away for even a second. We met some people, who we had lunch with. Dry noodles, and grren tea! mm. We rode together a short while, then lost them.. as we kept pace. Up Up Up - to a coffee place. But got a call, that media [a lot] had arrived at GOH Xindian. So we had to go, fast.. and so we did. Downhill again, speeds of up to 55km!! So exciting, an adrenelin rush. Knee is a little sore now, but the excitement is so much. We arrived in Taipei.. so many cars again. At Goh many cameras awaited. I feel so shy, but proud I made it. And so many others were happy to see me arrive too. Friends I'd made living here, and others. So exhausted but but over excited. I loose my English words, let alone my Chinese.  To have helped people in need.. and hopefully also set an example for other young people.. Thank you Taiwan. My sweet potato, that I havn't eaten enough of. See you again soon!! 16 days -- 1100 kms -- Nt 30,000 raised. Happy.
Lunch with new friends ~ 午餐我們跟新朋友



Spectacular scenery ~ 風景真的很漂亮


We hav'nt arrived yet, they are waiting for us, I am tired!!! ~ 還沒到了,他們在等我們, 我很累!!!


Not to be forgotten ~  不要忘



Back where we began ~ 回在我們開始的地方

3 comments:

  1. wow~ you did a very very great job!!
    i want to say thank you!!
    i hope you will come to Taiwan again,
    wish you have great life and happy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 謝謝 你 我跟的喜歡這國家 所以 一定要懷來了!!!
    Thank you. I wish you all the best too. Im glad it went well, and Im happy and safe.
    BYEEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. [翻譯]
    第16天/宜蘭-台北

    大大的休息了一番,除了有一隻可怕的蚊子,[我喜愛動物,但這…]我希望這傢伙吸了我的血之後就會死掉。

    很難過要離開宜蘭的朋友。九點15分抵達火車站,準備出發。單車狀況良好,我也覺得不錯。所以我和老闆開始爬坡…往上、再往上…好多摩托車呼嘯穿越這些美麗的山巒。我們還是持續往上,再往上…擔心我們會太晚回到勵馨辦公室。景色令人驚嘆!!我想要每三分鐘就停下來欣賞,但這樣會永遠到不暸台北。可以望見山腳下、海洋、房屋,以及遠遠的一座小島,變得越來越遠。一小時爬了7.5公里。我們在山頂停下來試試這個奇怪的冰淇淋捲,有去殼的花生還有香料,嗯嗯,好吃。然後再吃一個三明治與一些水果─以上是第一攤進食!

    從這裡要開始下坡!太棒了,涼爽的微風,有時候還比摩托車快,眼光即使分神一分鐘都覺得很可怕。我們遇到一些人,他們和我們一起吃午餐。乾麵,和綠茶!嗯。我們一起騎了一陣子,然後我們跟丟了…然後再跟上。上坡上坡上坡─到了一個喝咖啡的地方。但是我接到一通電話,媒體[很多家]已經到了新店的勵馨。所以我們得快馬加鞭。再次下坡,速度衝到55公里!!超刺激,腎上腺素整個飆高。現在膝蓋有點酸了,但還是十分興奮。

    我們抵達台北…還是好多車子。在勵馨,有很多攝影機在等著。我覺得好害羞,但很驕傲我辦到了。有很多人也很高興看到我抵達,我在台灣生活這段期間的朋友,還有其他人。十分筋疲力竭,而且太興奮了,我英文單字都說不上來了,更別說中文。

    能幫助需要幫助的人,也希望為其他年輕人樹立榜樣…感謝台灣。我[甜美]的地瓜,雖然我沒吃過很多地瓜。希望很快能夠再見!!16天─1100公里─募到3萬新台幣。真高興。

    ReplyDelete