Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 11 Taidong - Changbin

Little friend at Steamed bun place ~ 小朋友在包子店
Constant beauty ~一直好美

I had to stop for a break ~ 需要休息


Very relaxing area ~ 好放鬆的地方


Woke up rather early to pack my things [and unpack my useless, heavy things, mindful of the cold up north, needing to keep warm clothing] Started with another tasty Danbing and sandwich, soy milk and herbal tea, at my friends Breakfast shop. Left at 8 30 for the Train station, to meet GOH staff, and after some Q's, photos, and more Q's I left with some of the best Mochi [small soft round sticky rice cake delicacies!] they gave to me and with two other riders, who will join me on this beautiful day. The road was quiet smooth as we began, and within 10 minutes of riding, we came across some of the most stunning scenery, I'd ever seen so far on the trip, [or in my life] Cool spray of the sea breeze very refreshing, compared to the burning sun. The uphills were slow, but I think for the better, as I am always trying to think how tomorrow could be so much worse. Reaching the top of another mountain, one of GOH staff turned up in a little green car, handing us sweet juicy papaya [my favourite!], and energising bananas. After some photos by the islands edge we continued on to the famous steamed buns place again, and I got to eat these tasty treats [5 this time] for the second time. Leaving satisfied, its always a bonus to have smiley locals fare you well, with a JIA YO! So that is what we did.. It was about another 40-50 kms pushing against strong wind sometimes, but this eventually becomes the norm, and I felt like a machine at times. Still enjoying the ride, and the neverending scenery that goes with it. My two friends had to turn back two towns before Changbin, they handed me bananas and directions, and I was off, again, alone, with my bike and nature, getting better and better with every KM.
I arrived at a nice peaceful place, and layed for a rest, but fell asleep to the sound of the ocean splashing on rocks. Half an hour later I woke, took a deep breath of fresh air and calmly left to ride on. Chang bin seems a nice place, small and peaceful. I found a cheap homestay and after cleaning the bike and a very hot shower, to sooth the legs, I went to fetch some seafood! I met some local young indigenous friends and we drank Taiwan beer, and ate and ate and ate and of course laughed, a lot, until about 1-2am. I do fear that tomorrow could be a painful 90 kms.
Thinking by the sea side ~ 想一想在海邊

Add caption

Chang Bin students after class ~ 長濱學生下課

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Adndrew

    Hope we not delay your plan.

    I sent you some photo in your gmail inbox.

    Don't forget you have many friends in Taiwan,especially me, cartman,and camark.

    Good Luck!Your goal is closed.

    Ian 2011.3.2

    ReplyDelete
  2. [翻譯]
    第11天/台東─長濱

    很早就起床收拾我的東西 [並且拿掉用不著又重的東西,注意到北上會比較冷,需要保暖的衣物]。

    一早就吃了美味蛋餅、三明治、豆漿和花茶,在我朋友的早餐店。8:30離開,出發到火車站,去和勵馨的工作人員會面,拍了幾張Q照。他們後來送我和兩位今天一起陪騎的人一些超棒的麻糬,所以出發時又再拍了幾張Q照。剛上路時一路相當順暢,騎不到十分鐘後,就遇見一些美景,是這趟旅行以來[或說是我一生]我所見過最讓人震撼的景色。對照於灼熱的太陽,涼涼的海風吹來十分舒爽。上坡速度慢了下來,但我往好處想,因為我總是試著在想明天可能會更加難捱。到了山頂,一位勵馨工作人員開著一台綠色小車過來,帶給我們甜美多枝的木瓜[我的最愛!],還給我們香蕉補充精力。在這海角邊緣拍了一些照後,我們繼續往前,又到了有名的包子店,然後我第二次吃了這些美味[這次我吃了五個]。吃飽上路,總是會意外地在有一些當地人會微笑著對你道別,說加油!

    我們的確在加油…大約有40-50公里有時正對著強風,但最終便成常態,有時候我覺的自己像台機器了。仍然很享受在騎承中,無休止的風景也仍隨伺在側。我的兩位朋友在長濱的兩個村子之前,調頭回程,他們給了我香蕉與路線,然後我再次啟程,一個人,與我的單車,和大自然,越往前一公里就越覺得不錯。

    我到了一個美麗平和的地方,躺下來休息一下,但拌著海浪拍打岩石的聲音而睡著了。半小時後醒來,深呼吸一口新鮮空氣,平靜的出發繼續騎乘。

    長濱看起來是不錯的地方,小巧且平和。我找到一家便宜的民宿,清潔單車之後,洗個熱水澡,舒緩一下雙腿。我找了一些海鮮來吃!我遇到一些當地的年輕原住民朋友,和他們一起喝台灣啤酒,然後一直吃,當然還嬉笑熱鬧一陣,直到晚上一、兩點。我擔心明天的90公里會很痛苦。

    ReplyDelete
  3. cartman,and camark, THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR BEST WISHES! I will not forget! You OR the beauty of Taiwan!!! :D bYYYY

    ReplyDelete