Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 13 Hualien

The old lunch restaurants manager ~ 老午餐廳的老闆


GOH friends with harbour background ~ 勵馨跟海邊

Japanese colonist house ontop a mountain ! ~ 日本人的房子在山上

A peaceful start to the morning. Hearing chnting and smelling the incence burning, I was on the bike at 9am; and yes, today was supposed to be a rest day - but to cycle around town, is just he most convenient! F16s fly overhead showing off the expensive machines. Over the bridge at a pineapple cake store, I ask for directions. This lady was very kind and searched the web too, to give GOH a call. I am tempted to buy some, but I think I'd just be paying for the packaging. The office was a little far away, and I arrived exhausted and still disapointed about the mysterious photo disapearance. The staff welcomed me warmly and
cheered me up, ot only with fresh orange juice and chocolate..but also started to succesfully recover all of my photos using some magical program; I was extremely relieved. We went to a, what seemed to be famous old place for lunch.. and ate delicious seafood dumplings in soup and spicy dry noodles. Then, off to see the Japanese generals house ontop of a mountain with a great view of the harbour. Back at te GOH office, I got to first see glass artwork being produced right infront of me. Then try my hand at making someglass beads myselp! At first  was scared, being this close to fire, but the workers, were funny and said it was very safe. What a fine, and fun job! I rode up to Mei luen park mountain, just for short glimpse of big Micky [mouse]and the city, not wanting to climb up too high as legs were in a bit of pain, also thinking f tomorrows ride to Su ao. I rode down lit up ZhongShan st. onto the harbour for some nightmarket snacks before cruising back [in ligh rain - not promising!] to the Temple for an early sleep.
GOH Hualien office, making [or trying atleast] glass beads

Add caption

Beautiful scenery ~




Its made from small rocks ~ 小石頭的做


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [翻譯]
    第13天/花蓮

    祥和的一個早上。聽著敲鐘、聞著香柱燃燒。我在9點躍上單車,對的,今天理當是個休息日─但要騎單車逛花蓮市,這就是最方便的!F16在頭頂方過,炫耀這些昂貴的機種。過了橋,到了鳳梨酥店,我詢問了一下路線。有位小姐非常和善,還上網搜尋,然後打電話給勵馨基金會。我有打算要買一些,但我認為我只是在付包裝的錢。辦公室有點遠,我氣喘吁吁的抵達,仍舊對照片神秘失蹤事件感到失望。工作人員卻溫暖的歡迎我,鼓勵我,給我新鮮的柳橙汁與巧克力,也動手操作一種神奇的軟體,且成功修復我的照片;我真的是如釋重負。


    我們去了一個反正看來是有名、有點歷史的地方吃午飯,吃了美味的海鮮湯餃與辣味乾麵。然後,,去看日式房屋松園別館,在山頂上可眺望港口美景。回到勵馨,我第一次親眼看到琉璃珠製作,然後我自己動手做了一些琉璃珠!第一次覺得很害怕,這麼接近火,但那些工作人員覺得很有趣,她們說那很安全。這真是個很精細,也很有趣的工作!

    我再騎到美崙山公園,只為了一睹米奇[米老鼠]和這座城市,但我並不想要爬上去,它太高了而我的腿有點酸痛,也要考慮一下明天要騎到蘇澳。我往下坡騎到中山路,在回程之前先到港口邊買些夜市的點心[有不期然的小雨],然後回廟裡早早就寢。

    ReplyDelete