Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 14 Hualien - Su Ao

Friends gave me breaky at Hualien station ~ 跟朋友在火車站吃早餐

Long way to go ~ 喔還有好久


Its like its not real ~ 好像不貞的
I need to keep going strong ! ~ 需要加油!
Add caption

Bad sleep - Neighbours very loud, and a very annoying mosquito wouldn't leave me alone. About 4 hrs of sleep, getting up reminded me, I need to relax my legs more. Spraying 0Pain every night is great but, it still gets painful after a while. At Hualien station 9am on the dot, light rain. The GOH staff were there, a short time later, and gave me my favourite breakfast - Fantuan, an some other [much needed] energy products like, chocolate bars! Ready to go, I hit the no.9 rd. And met another person riding, with a small trailer on the back of his bike. He was riding to Taroko. And will stay to camp.. We rode together to the big entrance, where the view was spectacular, so we made a taxi driver help us snap some photos. Huge lush green mountains, and stunning, towering rock formations.. Sadly, if I stayed too long, I knew I wouldnt make it to Su ao in time - or in lght atleast. My new friend Quan donated 1000nt, and then onlookers also donated some. We said our goodbyes and parted. The wind grew very strong, as the roads narrowed and the cars grew bigger. It was dangerous stopping but I had to, because the views were so beautiful. Electric blue ocean far below, with only a small barrier stopping me from falling down there! I stopped in HePing for a quick [cheap!]lunch then continued to NanAo, a cute small indigenous town down inbetween large mountains. After every town, were big mountains again. And once up there again, the rain started. But still not enough to make me loose courage. Sometimes I thought, why do the mountains have to keep climbing! So high. Into the sky. But I preyed, and the 7 pieces of fruit I'd eaten up to now, helped me get through. Finally last rd down to SUAO. It got dark quick. So I followed the light from the cars/trucks down. I arrived at the Station about 6 30pm, cold and wet. But friendly residents cooking at the green Onion rolls stand found me a cheap place, AND gave me one of his Delicious green onion rolls with cheese free of charge. I ate Beef noodles at a famous place, and happily talked with very friendly staff. Very tired tonight.
CHANGE OF PLANS ; TOMMORROW, MORNING 9 AM FROM ILAN TRAIN STATION BACK TO TAIPEI!!!




This is small town Nan Ao's train station ~ 難澳的火車站

I just rode from there ! ~ 剛剛從那邊騎!
Its not too safe here ~ 這邊不太安全
Very tasty, the manager gave me one free ~ 很好吃 老闆送給我一個




3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you When I know you arrived Suao safely ! i'm exciting that you'll complete this great and amazing journey!
    but i'm sorry that i can't show up the party in Taipei GOH.
    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Thank you so much! Byeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [翻譯]
    第14天/花蓮-蘇澳

    睡的不好 - 鄰居很吵,還有一隻很煩的蚊子不肯放過我。大概只睡了四個小時,起床後覺得我的雙腿需要更加的放鬆。雖然每天晚上都噴肌樂是很棒,但覺得過一陣子仍然會覺得酸痛。上午9點在細雨中抵達花蓮車站。勵馨工作人員隨後到達,給了我最愛的早餐─飯糰,以及其他一些能量補給品[非常需要],像是巧克力棒!準備啟程,我走9號道路,遇見另一個騎士,他單車後頭拖著一個小拖車。他要騎太魯閣,會在那裡搭露營過夜。我們一起騎到入口處,那裡的景色很壯麗,我們請一位計程車司機幫我們拍照。高聳青翠的高山,令人驚嘆的高聳岩層,可惜,我知道如果我待太久就無法及時到達蘇澳,或是至少在入夜前抵達。

    我的新朋友Quan捐了1千元台幣,然後看熱鬧的路人也捐了點錢。我們互相道別後就分開了。

    風變得很強勁,道路變窄,汽車則變大了。停下來頗危險,但我必須要停,因為景色實在太漂亮了。水藍海洋遠遠低懸,只有一個小柵欄防止我墜落!我在和平停留快速解決[便宜的]午餐,然後繼續騎往南澳,南澳是個可愛的原住民村落,坐落在兩座山頭之間。

    過了小村之後,就又是一個大山。等到爬上它便開始落雨了。但仍然沒有讓我洩氣。有時候我想,為什麼這些山巒要一直長到這麼高!那麼高,高到天上去了。但我吃了飯,還有7片水果,可以讓我挺過這些路段。

    最後的下坡終於到了蘇澳。天色晚的很快,所以我尾隨著汽車/卡車的燈光。在6:30抵達火車站,又冷又溼。但一旁賣蔥油餅攤販很熱心,幫我找到便宜的住宿。而且,還招待我他做的好吃蔥油餅,裡面還加起司。我在某個有名的地方吃了牛肉麵,和員工相談甚歡。晚上很累。

    計劃變更,明天9點要從宜蘭火車站返回台北!!!

    ReplyDelete