Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 6 Tainan

So far so good ~ 到了現在很好

Vase means peace ~ 平安

Famous Dan zi mian ~ 擔子麵

Sunset in Anping ~ 安平日落
Well rested, and feel at peace, after mass with the Indian nuns. The Italian priest there invited me to breakfast with him and an Argentinian seminarian, which was very nice. We had a good chat. The priest once rode 3000 km from from Rome to Fatima on bicycle, he says, back when he was skinny like me.. But [1] with all of this delicious food Im consuming, I think Im fattening up, [2] I think he could ride the next leg, to Kaosiong with me! Realized to see Tainan the most convenient way will be, yes, to ride my bike again [on the 'rest' day] First I went to the Chihkan tower amd its old, traditional beauty. Then to the famous Du Xiao Yue  for some famous Dan zi mian, or noodles with braised beef and 1000 year old egg. The boss was so kind, she gave me an extra bowl, probably knew I was really hungry, after the riding! The GuanGong 'king of justice courage and loyalty, was big, detailed and mysteriously [beautiful] but im still a little frightened by the black faced dieties. I continued riding onto Anping stopping for a stroll in the peaceful treehouse covered in amzing long indian ficus or crawling trees. Good place for lovers I think! A climb up the Zeelandia tower of the fort was painful, but worthwhile, just a bit early for sunset, so.. I went down and checked out the Matzu temple. Huge, and again colourfully beautiful. I think the temples here are the best in Asia. I got to a bridge nearby for sunset, and then a met a man with his son, on the scooter at the traffic lights, I followed him to a large kite, flying high in the sky, where I helped small children bring back down! He then showed me how to get to  the biggest food night market I think I've seen, bar Shilin.. and I ate here untill I felt Id gained 3 kgs. So exciting, tryed, fried noodle soup and tofu puddings, and fancy little dumplings... Do I really have to leave Tainan?

Add caption

Very very fun ~ 很好玩

Night market delicacies ~ 夜市餐

1 comment:

  1. [翻譯]

    第6天─台南

    休息得不錯,平心靜氣的…在和印度修女一起做彌撒之後。義大利神父邀我共進早餐,還有一位阿根廷神學院學生也一起,氣氛非常不錯,我們聊的很愉快。神父有次騎單車遠征3千公里,從羅馬騎到Fatima(譯註:在葡萄牙中部),他說,回來時他和我一樣瘦…但是[第一]有這麼多美味的食物我一直都在吃吃喝喝,我想我愈來愈肥,[第二]我想他可以陪我騎下一段路程,到高雄!

    了解到,台南觀光最方便的方式會是,對的,再次騎上我的單車[在這個”休息”日]。首先我到赤崁樓,歷史久遠,傳統藝術之美。接著到有名的度小月,吃了一些有名的擔仔麵,或紅燒牛肉麵,與皮蛋。老闆人很好,她另外多給我一碗,可能知道我騎完單車後真的很餓!關公,仁義忠勇之王,很大、細致與神秘的[美麗],但我仍然有一點被黑臉的神像嚇到。

    我繼續騎到安平,停下來在安謐的樹屋那裡晃蕩,樹屋被包覆在另人驚奇的綿長榕樹或蔓生的樹裡頭。我想是頗適合情侶的好地方!爬上安平古堡很辛苦,但值得,只是離日落有點早,所以就…我下去後,去看了媽祖廟。宏偉,而且依然五顏六色十分美麗。我認為這裡的廟宇是亞洲最棒的。

    我到附近的一座橋上看日落,然後遇到一個先生與他的兒子,他們騎機車載等紅燈,我跟著他們去追一個很大的風箏,風箏在天空中飛的很高,我到了之後幫小孩子們把風箏收下來!接著他指給我怎麼去最大的夜市,我想我看過了,士林…然後我在那邊大吃特吃直到我覺得已經胖了3公斤。超興奮,吃了fried noodle soup(鼎邊銼?)、豆花,和fancy little dumplings(小籠包?)…

    真的必須離開台南嗎?

    ReplyDelete