Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 2 Hsinchu - Miaoli

Not far to go! ~ 還沒很遠
 
Arrival ~ 到了

Amazing work ~ 很好的事

Very kind people I met after a big lunch ~ 很客氣的台灣人
A great sleep - nice if a little longer, but thanks to some friends of some friends! And good to have all of the clothes dry too! Left Hsinchu about 9 30 for a light rainy start. Down hills felt great, greeting people along the way, with a wave and getting a JIA YO, back! This really helped with the up hill challenges not to far up ahead. But the bike went really well. Legs a little acheing but still OK! ITS ONLY DAY 2. Got some directions from Family mart, and also some shoe covers, so this time im not soaked to the bone. But the rain today nothing like yesterday. Another 200NT donation from the kind lady serving there and I was off again in high spirits. About an hour later stopped in TouFen, for some soup and a NICe chat to the local ladies, who couldnt believe what i was doing, and thought i was crazy. Off again and arriving in Maioli, I quickly found an underground parking [after taking some glory shots offcourse] and took my belonging on the bus for a trip to Taian hot springs. Walking past many strawberry farms, and friendly locals letting me try their fresh pick! mmm. all good vitamins. Suddenly realized I dont have my phone. Friendly people at HiLife, helped me call bus station and bus companies but no luck. Ahh, well, bad, but at leaset I still have my camera, so I can keep showing you where I am! Oh, The hilife assistant also drove me [as she was finishing her shift at time] to the Hot springs, so I didnt have to walk the extra 10 mins. And it was a great relaxing, healing, soothing end to the day. Outdoor springs, nature, amazing awesome, Taiwan - Chunghua next....
Many strawberry fields ~ 很多草莓



You are here ~ 你在那

A really cool pedestrian ~ 很好的路人




3 comments:

  1. Australia is a beautiful country and Taiwan is too. You have all our blessings to support what you do here .... Please come back visit Taiwan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [翻譯]
    新竹-苗栗

    一夜好眠 – 要是能睡久一點就更好了,謝謝一些朋友的朋友!所有的衣服都乾了,也真是棒!大概在九點半離開新竹,開始時天空還飄著一點雨。下坡真爽,一路上和人們打招呼,他們揮著手,喊加油!這真的激勵了我,迎戰前方不遠處的上坡挑戰。但這台單車真的不賴。腿有點酸痛,但還OK!「現在只是第二天。」

    從全家便利商店問到方向,也弄到鞋套,所以這次我不會濕到骨子裡面。但今天的雨可不像昨天。有位好心的小姐在全家那裡捐了200元,我在高昂興致下出發。大約一小時以後,我在頭份停留,喝點熱湯,並和當地的小姐們聊的很愉快,她們難以置信我在做的事情,想說我瘋了。再一次出發,抵達苗栗,我快速的找到一間地下停車場[當然先拍了幾張炫耀照],然後帶著我的家當搭公車去泰安溫泉一遊。

    走過許多草莓園,友善的當地人讓我試吃他們現採的果子!嗯嗯嗯,維他命超棒。突然間我意識到,我的手機不在身上。萊爾富有很友善的人,幫我打電話到公車佔,但至少我還有我的照相機,所以我可以繼續告訴大家我在哪裡!喔,萊爾富店員[換班之後]還載我去溫泉,所以我不需要再走個10分中。這天的尾聲,是在非常放鬆、療養、舒緩的氣氛下度過。露天溫泉,自然,棒的令人驚奇,台灣 –明天到彰化…

    ReplyDelete