Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 8 Kaoshiong - Fonggang

Cute and funny had to stop ~ 可愛好笑需要停



Everyone, lets go and eat local food ~ 大家我們一起去吃飯


This morning, couldnt believe my clothes were dry! But amazingly in the south, it is that much warmer then a few hundred km's up in the north. From 11degrees in Xinzhu, to 33 degrees in Kaoshiong. Much needed shave I had so not to look like a caveman, also, I knew some press would be around in Pingdong, where I agreed to meet the GOH staff, and go together to see the new shelters. I did some stretches this morning with the boys, who tought me some extra positions. Then  after a high carb. sinple breaky of nutty bread, fruits [papayas and banana] and of course Pineapple cake..The family kindly led me into the city. Leaving from Kaoshiong, the old, fascinating train station.. I waited a while and chat with people coming, going or just wondering. Just what I do a lot of the time. So, I got to chat to them, The weather was fine. Donation time, and off to Pingdong. On the way, I didnt want to stop, but had to as I saw traditional big, festival dressed dancing dudes on show infront of a shopping centre.. I kind of wanted to join, seemed they were really having fun up there.. but I had to get riding. It seemed a little confusing to get out of Kaoshiong, but when I did, I got to Pingdong soon after. Where before I even got to the station, was met by one of GOH staff, on her scooter with her big smile! A few questions and photos later, and we were off to eat at the night/day market, including lots of tasty tofus and crunchy shrimp in rice noodle. Even had a jelly tea later, and got to meet the very friendly staff of GOH Pingdong.. we then went to the shelter that was being built. Big and well under way, to completion, it was good to see the donations would go into this worthy cause. To see me on my way, they gave me many many sweets, treats and Pineapple cake, I should have the energy for the next two days no problems!!They even gave me this decorated bottle, with GO GO GO written on it. I think its soda inside.. will find out tomorrow. The ride to Fongang, was tough, long, very windy, and dark came quick. 7 pm arrived.. It serious chill out time!
My special GOH drink! ~ 我的特別一絣!

1st sight of the sea ~ 第一次看海邊

546 kms!! ~ 五百四十六公里!!

3 comments:

  1. You looks great and full of energy! We're looking forward to your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [翻譯]
    第8天─高雄-楓港

    不敢相信,今天早上我的衣服竟然乾了!很神奇,比起沒幾百公里的北部,南台灣真的溫暖多了,從11度的新竹到33度的高雄。我很需要刮鬍子才不會看起來像個野人,而且,我知道有些媒體會在屏東等,因為我答應要拜會勵馨基金會的工作人員,一起去看新的庇護中心。

    早上我和兩個男孩一起做了伸展運動,他們還教我一些其他的姿勢。之後吃了高碳水化合物的碎堅果麵包、水果[木瓜和香蕉],當然還有鳳梨酥。

    這家人親切的帶我進入市區。然後從高雄古典迷人的火車站出發。我等了一會兒,和身邊來來往往或只是到處晃晃的人聊起天。畢竟我還有很多時間,所以我跟他們聊天。捐款時間!之後我出發去屏東。沿路我本來不想停留,但當我看到傳統大尊人偶穿著節慶服裝在百貨公司前的舞臺上跳舞…我有點想要加入他們,他們看起來真的很樂…但我還得要繼續騎。

    騎出高雄的路上有點小混亂,但我搞清楚之後,很快就到達屏東了。甚至在騎到屏東火車站之前,我就見到一位勵馨工作人員,她在機車上報以燦爛的微笑!問了問題,拍了照片之後,我們去市場吃東西,吃了很多臭豆腐和加蝦酥的米粉。之後還喝了一杯jelly tea(愛玉或仙草?),然後去和非常和善的勵馨屏東工作人員會面,去看還在建造中的庇護中心。規模很大,進度也良好,看到捐款會投入這個有值得的地方,感覺很棒。送我上路的時候,她們給我很多很多的糖果、零食與鳳梨酥,接下來的兩天我的能量應該是沒問題了!!他們甚至給我一罐飲料,上面貼了GO GO GO(加油、加油、加油)的字條。我想裡面是蘇打汽水…明天就會知道那是什麼。

    騎到楓港很硬,漫長,風很大,而且天暗的很快。我7點到著,這個時候已經相當的冷了!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrew:
    This is Jeffrey, Your Student.So glad to hear from you. I hope that you will get a lot of donation from the poor. Looking forward to see you. I also saw you on the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete